The Cosmetology Instructor program consists of 750 hours of theory and practical training in the instructor field including lesson planning, teaching methodologies, classroom management, business management, etc.
- To instill the knowledge of basic classroom management techniques and conflict resolution
- To engage in the creation of lesson plans and classroom curriculum specific to the goals of the program
- To master various traditional and technological instruction delivery methods for evolving student needs.
- To understand the importance of individual student success and learning in the classroom.
- To promote mutual esteem, goodwill, harmony, and cooperation with professional and related organizations.
- To prepare for state board examination and a professional career as an instructor.
Day Classes: Tuesday – Friday | 9:00 am – 4:30 pm
Night Classes: Monday – Thursday | 4:30 pm – 9:00 pm
Two-day Classes: Tuesday & Wednesday | 9:00 am – 9:00 pm
|Course #||Course Name||Hours||Chapters Covered|
|COS 510||Theory of General Education I||125||V1 – 1, 2, 3|
|COS 520||Theory of General Education II||125||V1 – 3, 4, 5|
|COS 530||Teaching Techniques & A/V Aids I||125||V1 – 6, 7, 8, 9|
|COS 540||Teaching Techniques & A/V Aids II||100||V1-10, 11
V2 – 9
|COS 600||Practice of Teaching I||90||V2 – 1, 2, 3|
|COS 610||Practice of Teaching II||185||V2 – 4, 5, 6, 7, 8|