The Master Barber program consists of 1500 hours of theory and practical training in the arts and sciences of hairstyling, hair cutting, coloring, permanent waving, chemical hair relaxing, shaving, hair removal, anatomy, chemistry, bacteriology and sanitation, professionalism, retailing, equipment care, and salon management.
- To develop knowledge, understanding, skill, and appreciation in the theory and operation of barbering arts & sciences.
- To develop habits of good workmanship and the orderly performance of various tasks in the work environment.
- To engage in optimal sanitation routines during routine practice in order to protect clients from unnecessary exposure to harmful microorganisms
- To master the arts of hair cutting and shaving that are the hallmarks of the barbering industry.
- To learn to select wisely, care for, and use properly, commercial products that are related to the application of treatments.
- To help the student to prepare for the state board examinations in order to obtain a license to practice.
- To prepare students for entry-level jobs in their professional careers.
Day Classes: Tuesday – Friday | 9:00 am – 4:30 pm
Night Classes: Monday – Thursday | 4:30 pm – 9:00 pm
Two-day Classes: Tuesday & Wednesday | 9:00 am – 9:00 pm
Introduction to the Beauty Industry
||1, 2, 3, 4
||*ONLINE ONLY (week 2)*
||5, 6, 7, 8
||9, 10, 11
||Facial Hair Designs and Treatments
||Men’s & Women’s Haircutting
||14, 15, 16
||Complete Credit Hour Sheet Applications
||State Board Exam Introduction
||Permanent Waving, Relaxing, and Chemical Apps
||Complete Credit Hour
||State Board Prep Business Skills (online only)
||19, 20, 21